Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Beach Fun

Hi everyone! So, yesterday I went to the coast with my friends and we had a BLAST!! However, I got really burned! :( I was the only white person that went. All of my friends that went to the coast are hispanic and we had been talking about my whiteness. :) One of my friends Louis told me "No you're not white, you're pale!" That set us all laughing! Then he saw this picture of my arm, started laughing and said "Never mind, I take back what I said... SHE'S SO WHITE!" lol We had a ton of fun! We started off in Seaside. The same place I went for my Birthday. We had a lot of fun window shopping! When you go to Seaside you have to go to the hat store. It's so much fun! Karen, Me, and Noelia are posing with our food below! :)
Louis and Alex went with us and I had a lot of fun getting to know them. They are both from the Spanish Branch in our Stake. Both are also returned missionaries. I felt very unexotic with them! :) Louis is from El Salvador and Alex is from Venezuela, and then Karen and Noelia are from Nicaragua! Me.... well I'm from the U.S. :) Seaside was too crowded.. so we decided to go to Cannon Beach. There's good 'ol Haystack Rock!
Karen and Noelia.
Noelia and Louis enjoying the COLD water! They were all freezing when they finally came out of the water so we played in the sand to warm up!
The coast was a lot of fun! We got home an hour before mutual... then I spent the night at Karen and Noelia's house.








5 comments:

The two old crows said...

Love your pictures Hope. Keep them coming and welcome to blogging.

Tina said...

It looks like you were trying to match them in their browness! Welcome to blog land Hope!! Love ya!

Tina said...

Oh!! I love your blog skin and your Dr. Seuss quote. All three of you have Dr. Seuss in your title . .. your mom, you and Emma. Do you want to find one for me? Ha! Ha!

Emma said...

I suprised you didn't put sunscreen on hope. Golly.

Hope & Ryley said...

I'll try to keep taking pictures and blog a lot. lol... I kind of was trying to match their browness! I LOVE Dr. Seuss quotes! I Googled his quotes. :) I didn't think the sun would be shining, and I was expecting it to be cold at the Coast, because it's always cold so I didn't bother with sunscreen. I thought I'd be freezing and wearing my sweatshirt the entire time! lol I'll be more prepared next time! :)