Saturday, August 31, 2013

Yummy Bread and Quilting..

I've been really horrible about blogging! When I actually have something to blog about I Facebook it and then forget to write more later.. it's how my journal is too so I just am bad, but want to do better about it!

A little while ago I was thinking about how nice it would be to make my own bread instead of paying so much for the kind that I really like, but I needed to find a recipe first and wasn't horribly motivated to find one. However while I was browsing Pinterest one night I found a recipe for honey oat bread... the kind I buy! It looks so good! So I pinned it with the plan to make it.. like all things on Pinterest that get lost and never made. This time though I decided I was going to do it! So today I printed the recipe and made it.. Oh my goodness!! So so good! I had my parents and sister over to have some as soon as it came out of the oven and it was amazing! It's been too long since I've had fresh from the oven bread! (recipe link is in caption of photo)

http://bakingdom.com/2011/09/homemade-honey-oat-bread.html


While at the Kinsman Family reunion this summer (yet another thing I failed to blog about) one of my Aunts suggested we make family quilts. She would send the first patch and we choose a material to go with it and cut it into 8 1/2X8 1/2 inch patches and mail the patches out and keep one for ourselves. The deadline is in January to send out the patches and then we put together our quilts however we want. At the next family reunion we will get together and help those who need help putting together their quilts and then show each other our quilts and see how everyone decided to put theirs together. All different quilts, but from the same patches :) I'm pretty excited for this quilt! These are the patches I've received so far, the material I picked is on the bottom far left. Tonight I cut out the patches and packaged them, all ready to send out on Tuesday!
I'm also really excited that my mom found me a sewing machine for pretty cheap at a garage sale!! :) Now to practice because it's been way too long since I've sewn. Here's hoping it goes well!

1 comment:

Lora said...

The bread was delish :) I am excited about the quilts, they will be so cute :)