Thursday, May 26, 2011

Jeep

So Ryley bought a Jeep (this is our actual jeep above). He LOVES this Jeep. The catch is he has no license, and I (up until last week) can not drive stick shift. He thought he would be able to get his license after graduating FMTB at Camp Johnson, but of course the Navy and Marine Corps haven't been on our side from the beginning and he wasn't able to. So this lovely Jeep is still at the dealership waiting for me to go pick it up when I get to NC.

I was panicked because I suddenly needed to learn stick shift before I moved instead of after. Luckily my brother-in-law has a manual truck that I was able to learn on. My mother-in-law and he switched cars so that she could teach me whenever I was able to during the day. This truck was pretty interesting lol. The seats don't stay up by themselves so if we had to adjust the seats, we were adjusting cinder blocks and 4x4's (they are what keeps the back of the seats up so that you aren't laying down trying to drive). It was a very interesting experience, but I was able to drive it by the end of 2 days! :)

So now I just need to keep in contact with the dealership and let them know when to expect me to pick it up, still a pain, but at least I'll be able to drive the darn thing now!

1 comment:

The two old crows said...

Looks like a nice jeep. Hope it doesn't rain to much in NC. Sorry. I must be getting olD.