Sunday, May 3, 2009

Swine Flu

Well there have been school closures all over Oregon. And not just K-12 either. Right now Western Oregon University is closed.

Now my school district announced today that it is closed Monday and Tuesday. If the kid who has Swine Flu has it for sure, 100%, it could be all week. I'm so excited that I have no school!!! :) It's kind of a bitter sweet feeling though. Whoever it is that got the flu, best of wishes!

It is kind of funny though that it's been so dramatized.... Way more people die of the actual regular flu a year.. here's a link to an article that made me laugh... I don't know maybe I have a sick sense of humor... but this is just another flu... and it's sad yes... but way over exaggerated!!

here's the link....
http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/SP468702.htm

3 comments:

King Family said...

Yeah, if you are under the age of 2 or over the age of 60, you shouldn't be worried. I hope all goes well in Oregon. They closed a few schools here too. I really hope mine stays open because I only have 3 days left and don't want to delay summer break.

Tina said...

We haven't closed down yet, but I guess we have 1 case in our county now so it is probably close.

I agree with you, I think this is WAY to over hyped. I have NEVER given my kids the flu shot, but had a doctor scare me into giving it to McKay last month. He was telling me how many people die from the regular flu. . . . I guess, it's life . . . .

The two old crows said...

Yea Grandpa and I were discussing this just the other day. We both agree with you. I haven't had a flu shot in years. Maybe as I get older I will.